Ways To: Be More Productive

Having too many things to do on your list can be quite overwhelming and can lead you to not doing anything or not as much as you wanted, I've been there, the moment you start to ask where to start is the moment were you start to panic.
I've found some things that work for me either when I have to much work or I just don't know exactly where to begin or how to start to tackle that task.
Brain Dumping is quite new for me too, basically is putting all the tasks you have in your brain, in paper and you may think that you do it, but we all have been there, you think you are going to remember to clean your bag and you never do it. I've found that by doing this you can minimise the stress you put on yourself but you can also make a work plan.
Planning and prioritizing can be the most amazing thing where you have a lot going out, divide things on urgent, need to do quick and normal to-do list, once you know what to do first everything tends to come organically.
Focus on one thing at a time, being a multi-task girl can be problematic at times, from my personal experience, I can tell you that I tend to make more mistakes when I don't pay enough attention that leads me to spend more time in that activity. Try to focus on one thing in order to make it right, mostly when you are studying.
Take breaks, I've been a fan of this one lately, taking breaks is a way of letting yourself rest from that load of work, that way you won't get overwhelmed or stressed when you come back, it's also beneficial if you don't spend the time you decided to rest, in front of a screen, let your eyes have a rest too.
Power naps are your best friend, when you wake up really early and you have been working for hours on end, those breaks are not going to help you as much, try taking a 20-30 min nap to feel refreshed and calmer, but don't forget to drink at least a glass of water before, that way you won't feel weird after you wake up.
And as a few general tips, have a working space, a space that is specifically for working, leave everything else on other space, that way you won't get as distracted. work with music that you like, go with something that is going to pump you up to keep going but it's also going to help you concentrate, try to get enough sleep at nights, people can tell you that you have to sleep for about 8 hours but that doesn't work for everybody, find your sleep pattern and go with it.
Finally and I think is the most important part, as long as you are doing something that you love, everything is worthy, don't do anything that you don't love, it makes life a lot harder and I think it's better when you are happy.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram