WR| Up's & Down's


Everyone has bad days, but it's up to you what you do to make them better. I was actually reminded of this when I ran into one of my old classmates when I came out of my classes and I'm going to be completely honest with you, I was ready to give up, my mind was filled with all of this things I knew I had to do, my body was aching and my mood was horrible.
We started talking about me finally finishing up with english after months of trying to figure it out, he asked me more about my school situation and when I told him I was ready to give up, to have a break from school and everything, he said "Well, that's because you are not putting your heart in it, you are smart, you are just missing heart".
Those words shook me up, I cannot tell you how much of a change they made within myself, not only because he was right, but because he reminded me that even when you work really hard into something, if your mind and heart are not in it, it's going to show and it's not going to be your best work.
So, I did what he told me, I had a good lay in and really let my mind, because not only was I having a hard time performing in any aspect of my life, but I was also finding it hard to have breaks or even sleep properly which only lead to a really moody and distracted version of myself.
And it's not like everything that has been going on has been too much, it's that I haven't been able to balance it properly and it snowballs into this horrible thing I don't know how to handle. With finals, a project that I really don't know if I'll be able to hand before the deadline, exciting meeting and family issues, I've barely made time for myself.
Luckily everything has a solution, and after a couple of days of me resting, working and doing just my thing, not getting anyone else involve, I'm starting to feel happier and more like myself. The main thing here it's to remember that even when things seem too much, I can always find time for myself and let my mind take a good rest before going forward.
I also got the chance to have lunch with "Chef" and "Jolie", which was really spontaneous and really fun, a good break from a routine to catch up, be grilled by them and find out why we shouldn't talk about sex in a coffee shop while we sit across a weird man. Yeah...
Hope you had a great week, hope the next one is better and remember to keep on dreaming.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram