WR| Two Weeks Ago...


I didn't post a week review last week and to be honest I was dreading whether to write one this week, not because I don't enjoy it, but because a lot has been happening with me and I don't know how to tackle it.
I've been quite stressed in the past two weeks, to the point in which I wasn't even sleeping right, my back was aching, my mood was horrible and I was reflecting that with everyone, I would dread early mornings and even drink coffee to keep me awake during class, because I was that tired.
It all came to a critical point, I started getting sick and if you know one thing about me it's that one thing I hate more than not being able to work, is being sick and I'm fortunate enough to not be one to get sick often, until this year, I feel like sickness has been in my body for the last 4 months and it's time to kick it out.
Last week I got extremely sick, I got stomach flu and if you ever had that you would know how painful it can be. Imagine me being that sick but still having to go to school to present a exam, not a good combination but we shall see the result in about two weeks. On top of that I had to cancel a meeting and a lunch with my friends.
Through the week I started to feel better, but little did I know that my grandma was going to get sick around the same time, you can picture how crazy everyone was around this house, I was more than stressed about everything that was happening and although I was working, my heart was not in it.
Saturday morning is when everything went down, I woke up at 6 am feeling like dead, the pain was so strong it made me dizzy, I even cried, my doctor received me at 11am and after putting away the idea of appendicitis, he came with the result, I had gastroenteritis, yep, my body was strong enough to hold on for about 4 days, but it broke down after that.
I was supposed to write last week's WR on Friday but as I had two long meetings and was running around, decided to scrap the idea, rest and do it the next day, little did I know that I was going to get extremely sick and not be able to eat, drink or even sit up properly for the next days.
As for this week, I've been taking it slow, I had a Gilmore Girls marathon with "Chef", went to visit "Artiste" and "Peanut" of course, that little guy it's going to still someone's heart when he grows up. and relaxed. Which made me realise how long it has been since the last time I got the opportunity to do anything like this, even being home alone feels different and other than one muscle on my back, I've been feeling better and brighter.
We are supposed to have travelling plans for the end of spring break, but as everything, we shall see, as for now, I won't stress about anything and just relax, sleeping has been feeling amazing and reading in bed, it's been almost two years since the last time I took a holiday for myself and I'm happy I did it. This will give me energy for a lot more as the year goes.
My life will slowly regain it's paste next week and more complex post shall be up, but for now I hope you enjoy more light hearted posts and for now I say goodbye, hope you had a great week and remember to keep on dreaming.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram