April: The Review


April had it's up's, down's and weirdness. My main goal this month was to take time for myself, not only to rest but to become the best version of myself. Through this year I've been so focused on work and school that I didn't realise how little attention I was paying in myself and my body and mind were starting to pass me the bill.
I started quite stressed out with work and school, a teacher turned down one of my papers and I was so mad, I wasn't sleeping well, I wasn't being myself, my anxiety was over the roof mostly at nights and after a workout, every situation big or small was bringing me to an edge.
A few days into the month I got sick, at first I thought it was something temporary and easy to overcome, but then one saturday morning I woke up to the worst pain I've ever been in, I couldn't move and lucky for me, my doctor managed to get me off of that quite quickly with the promise that I would be taking care of myself.
That was a wake up call for me, I never realised how stressed I was until I decided to fully relax. I took the week off, I had spring break and was going to be by myself for about three days, I got a visit from "Chef", visited "Peanut" and "Artiste", enjoyed my time alone and did nothing, I just had a little bit of work, but other than that, I was sleeping 10+ hours, eating properly and feeling happier than I have in the past couple of months.
When it was time to go back to real life I was little bit nervous about what was going to happen, if I was going to be as stressed or if my anxiety was going to kick in again, but it hasn't been the case, I haven't slept as good as I did before, but I just have to adjust to my the schedule again.
I've been enjoying the time I get to spend with old and new friends, laughing harder than I did before, meeting new people, giving me chances to fail, not pushing myself into doing something that doesn't feel right, but still working towards that goal.
My life is about reaching a balance and this time I'm putting more effort into it, I would say it was a really good month and I really learned a lot about myself and how I work at my best. Hope you had an amazing month, if you didn't, don't give up, sometimes you just have to smile through bad times in order to get out of there and remember to keep on dreaming.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram