Of the Bookshelf| Why We Broke Up


Minnie is done with Ed and everything that has to do with him. She has kept everything that may remind her of him, it's all in one box, every single memory, but now she's giving everything back with a letter telling him why they broke up.
What I liked:

  • The writing. The style was really different to anything I've ever read, it made you connect with the character on a more personal level, there were even times in which I felt like a friend was telling me a story. 
  • The ending, it wasn't a big ending, but unlike any other books it had a closure and a reason, it wasn't something that just ended. 
What I didn't like:
  • The images were a lot for me, I get why they are there but it only makes the book a lot longer and I never felt drawn to any of them, for it was an unnecessary plus. 
  • How fast the story goes, even for 16 years old I thought their relationship had gone a lot longer, but then someone would mention it being like a month. Everything happens in a really small period of time.
  • The characters seemed annoying most of the time, they would be really mature for five minutes and then get upset over nothing and it took a huge chunk of the book for me to understand the reasons. 
  • The ages of the characters, I find oddly unsettling knowing that they are 16 years old having more serious problems in their relationships than me, yet taking it so patiently, for me they didn't sound like 16 years old.
This book was not a bad purchase, but one that I wouldn't re-do, it's a book I didn't put down but not for the right reasons, I really wanted to know the main reason of why they broke up and I wasn't as impressed as I think I could have been. I don't recommend it, but if you like something you can grab from time to time and read, this is for you. For me it's a 2.5 out of 5.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram