It's time to let go...

We've been here before, we've come to the realisation that our relationship was toxic once again, let's face it, when was the last time we spent more than a week without getting upset at something the other said.
You wowed me when I met you, you had an amazing mind and an incredible soul, you weren't humble like others, you knew what you had and worked with it, you had your moments, your good days and it was in those when I realised how happy I was to be part of your life.
But life's weird, it takes turns and sometimes you've got to be down in order to grow stronger to pull yourself up, you went through a lot of that with me, you sometimes helped me through bad times, on others you decided to complicate the situation, you weren't always there for me and for a long time I blamed you for a lot of things.
But life goes on and I believe in second chances, we both gave each other a million second chances, none of which we knew how to take advantage, as much as we tried we always went back to the same old things, the same old arguments.
In one of them you actually told me how stronger I had become compared to the way I was when we met, I never noticed until you said those words, then my world changed a bit, life became about becoming stronger and not taking crap from anyone, and there was you, I didn't know what to do with you.
I can't count the times I thought about taking you out of my life, we talked about it, yet none of us seemed to be able to let go, there was something else holding us down, I wish I had the opportunity to figure out what it was before all of this happened, now I guess we'll never know.
You broke up with me, you let me go and although I don't keep any resentment towards you, I still had to take that pain out, otherwise the words would have eaten me alive.
It's time to go, to walk different ways and the only thing left to say is "Good Luck buddy, you are more than you are now"
Mayte. 

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram