Of the Bookshelf| Hail Mary


After Mary Mohanan accidentally knocks out Jimmy Falconi, the famous quarterback for the Chicago Bears, without knowing who he really is, she thinks he could be a Gillette model, while he's utterly impressed by her abilities as her strength doesn't match her looks, just as his Costco clothes don't match his paycheck. After proving they are more than they thought, they go out and begin to fall for each other, fast and hard.
Until Mary is hired to be his therapist and unless she can help him with his injuries, he might get traded. As she wishes him to make her his, a toddler appears at her door throwing everything into total chaos.
What I liked:
  • How straightforward this book is, they don't hide casual sex, it happens and they don't make it awkward or judgemental. 
  • The connexion between them, as they fall fast and hard you realise that they have a lot more in common than you think, but don't know how to voice it. 
  • The paste, sometimes when a book is a little bit longer than usual I find myself with a lot of fillers, which in this case didn't annoyed me, I was quite happy with the way they worked on the story and the turns it had. 
What I didn't like:
  • The ending: It's such a good story with such a slow and disheartening ending, maybe it fitted the story but I was waiting for something else. 
If you like sports reading, you are going to love this one, it's light hearted, easy to read. It will make you laugh and feel something within inside you when bad times come. I would recommend it but wouldn't re-read it. For me it's a 4 out of 5.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram