The Biggest Act of Kindness


Ever since I was a little kid, I've seen my parents help others, they are always the first ones to raise their hand when someone needs help, so I grew with this positive image of people helping others, trying to make the world a little bit better, but lately life has been harder, every time you turn on your T.V. you can see something new happening, people attacking each other and it makes me sad.
That's why I started this project this year, a lot has been happening and sometimes you just need a little bit of hope in order to keep fighting. It's easy to forget that there's people out there helping others, giving what they can and making this world a little bit better one little step at the time, but always moving forward. 
When I was asking people to help me, I received amazing answers, everyone of them said yes, not everyone got through but they liked the idea and they kept this moving, but there were two that stood out the most to me. 
One being one of my friends telling me that he didn't believe in people any more because no one really helped, and the other one being a boy who told me that one of his acts of kindness was to help me, he was joking but I never thought of it like it and he was right, this projects have been really big and important to me and the fact that they decided to help me it's truly an act of kindness. 
You don't realise how lucky you are until someone points it out and this is a great example of it, I never truly understood how amazing it was to have all of this people helping me in this big dream, until they pointed out, so as a matter of fact, I'm stealing his idea.
The biggest act of kindness someone ever had with me was sharing their stories and opinions on my work, they have helped me reach this goal of mine, this really big dream I've been having for almost two years, they made me believe in selfless acts again, they made people feel like there's still something to fight for and I'll never be able to pay them for what they are doing for me right now. 
So, to all of you, to all of people that got involved this and last year, to all the people that heard my idea, to all people that encouraged this... Thank you, none of this would have been possible without your help and support, because I only did this one little thing, you made it bigger and better than ever. 
I really hope this year's project was better than last's year and that you enjoyed it from beginning to end, it was a task but one I enjoyed and loved, some where fun, some had more essence to them, but they all meant something and came from someone's heart to you, have a good Christmas and stay near the ones you love. 
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram