2016 in Books

Tumblr Picure

This year unlike any other, reading was a big part of my life, not only because I found amazing reads, but because it helped me discover new worlds and find hope in someone else's words, sometimes it doesn't matter if it's all fictional, as long as it has the good intentions and the right words, it can really bring a smile to your face and change the way your day went.
2016 had particularly good readings, many 4 stars and the rarely 5 stars too, I liked a lot of them to the point in which I would reccomend them so here there are my favourites:
All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven.
This was a really talked book, many loved it and I can see why, it's not your typical love story, it has a lot of turns and twists in it which can make it a little bit tricky at first, but when you get the hang of it, it's one of the best books I've read, it touches a really sensitive subject in a classy way, read it and try to understand where they are coming from, it may help many that are going through bad times.
Big Rock by Lauren Blake
It has been well mentioned here and it has it's reasons, it contains mature language but that's something that made me like it even more, it's real, nothing shouts fiction, I feel like it contains situations that would really happen, you have to read it to enjoy it. 
It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover
It was my first book by her and I loved it, so much that now I'm also done with all her books but that's another story, the story is really nice and once you get passed the 50 pages everything gets interesting, I also loved the way the story was handled and the amazing message it had. 
The Messenger by Markus Zusak 
It's not his most mentioned book, but when I found it laying around something about the cover made me want to buy it and it was a pleasant surprise, for mystery fans this is going to be quite light, but of you are a beginner you are going to really enjoy it and not find it as confusing as others may be. 
When by Victoria Laurie
When you read the back cover you get really confused in which direction the book is going to go, but once you start reading it everything makes sense and makes you more aware of everything that's going on in there, it's a light mystery with a little bit of romance in there, it's a quick reading that you won't regret. 
Those have been my favourite of the favourites from the year I hope that you give them a fair change a maybe read your new favourite book, you can also take this recommendation to start the new year reading. 
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram