12 Acts of Kindness


A year back I came up with this idea of using this space to share 12 stories that changed people and turned into who they are now, that idea came into my mind after having a fight with "Sourire", I realised that everyone in this city has something to tell and why not use this space to share it.
Well, this year is going to a little bit different but let me tell you the story behind this year's idea.
A lot has been happening in the world over this year, from hate crimes, to losing hope in our leaders, to losing hope over a man. A cloud has been hanging over our heads and blurring out our vision, making us see only the bad things and forgetting that even though we may not be having the best of times, there are people out there making little selfish acts to help some that needed it more. 
This is my way of saying to all of you to keep hanging on, to keep believing and looking for good in people, because there's still good out there, we may not see it as often as we wish, but I assure you, there's people out there helping ones that are in danger, holding hands or comforting someone.
That's how 12 Acts of Kindness was borned, through this 12 days I'm going to be sharing with you 12 stories of hope and people close to me that helped someone that needed it the most or that were helped by someone.
There was one person that shook me up, he told me that he didn't believe in people any more, that every time he saw someone change was for bad and he felt like there was nothing else that could make him believe, it was almost like he was the only one helping.
I want to bring you hope to you, I want you to believe again, I want you to stop believing that everything is bad, I want you to see the good in people, I want that little by little we make this world better, because that's the only way, as Lady Gaga said "Stop throwing stones at your sisters and your brothers".
Every odd day you are going to get a new story, every even day you are going to get a new chapter of the story, in case there's nothing to be publish, then you are going to get an update from me, enjoy, this is the gift from many people to you.
Mayte.

Mayte

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram