WR| Sweet & Sour


Today is Friday and I had no idea what to write about this week, that was until I saw two girls walking on the same park I used to walk in with my high school friend and that got me emotional, I was bombarded with all of this Sweet & Sour memories from back then, and then as I was getting closer to my house I was looking back at my week, how I struggled with my anxiety and my back but I still laughed and made it to my exams, not everything has to be bad.
Besides the really long explanation of how I got inspiration, let's start from the beginning, my really short Spring Break was over so I had to go back to school and classes which is not like I hate them, I hate the fact of having to wake up early and not being able to sleep more or stay in my really comfy bed.
Anyway, I don't think I ever talked about this but I have a back problem, nothing mayor that oculd compromise it but I can't carry heavy bags on only one side, that's the main reason of me having and carrying a backpack, well, this week I had no backpack because I took it to the laundry because it was looking really dirty, so I decided to be adventurous and carry a messenger bag.
I tried to minimize the things I was taking with me but I needed my books and notebooks with me, taking that bag was one of my biggest mistakes ever, by the time I came home my back was in so much pain that I couldn't take it, I took a pill and went to bed.
Tuesday, I changed into the backpack I use as a bag, with minimal things again, but by 10 am I couldn't take it, I was in so much pain I had to go home, but destiny was dictating another thing, I actually passed by a store to go to the toilet, they were having 60% off some books and me being me I decided to gift myself a book because I was in pain and even when I didn't needed it, I figured why not.
Wednesday was the worst day, I had my normal backpack back with me, my back was so sore that I couldn't hold on or carry anything, it was so bad that at some point I felt dizzy from the pain, but me being me and as I already have missed a day at school I stuck through it, school wasn't that bad, it almost made me forget about my pain.
Thursday was looking bright, I was feeling better except for one thing, ever since the heat had started to rise and my back was hurting I couldn't sleep properly, I'm not a heavy sleeper by any means I just love sleeping and I almost never have problems falling asleep or finding a relaxing position, but not this week, I think that I was almost hurting me more on my sleep than awake.
And today is Friday, I feel a lot better, I discovered that laying on my back makes me feel better and changing positions does too, school has been funny, me and my parents have had a great communication and we even made jokes, me and "Artiste" broke our record for longest call with 2h and 10 min, we really needed that catch up.
My anxiety is coming and going but I feel more relaxed now, I don't know if the pain had anything to do with it or no, I just think I'm going back to basics this week and taking everything slow and at my paste, resting when necessary and most importantly enjoying the moments, that's the most important part.
You decided what flavour you like more, sweet, sour or a little bit of both, have a great week, month and keep on dreaming.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram