My Life in Films

Pinterest Image

Watching T.V. or going to the cinema has never been for me, I always find myself enjoying more a book, but there are times when I just want to disconnect and not really think that much, that's when I enjoy watching a series or a movie, I have my all time favourites that I like to re-watch but I do watch some new things every once in awhile.
Movies.
The Lion King, If you pay attention to some of my posts, you'll see some of the dialogues of this movie, I have really good memories from this movie, my friend "Little One" had it on his phone and he used to put it for me every time I was feeling sad.
Legally Blonde, When I first watched it, I didn't made a lot of it, I just liked it and was a movie that I watched every once in awhile, what made this movie one of my favorites was actually that my dad really likes the message and how it tells you to leave stereotypes a side.
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, when it first came out, I didn't enjoy it, it wasn't until later when I was at my place on Winter break that I watched it and loved it, ever since I watch it when I want to feel warm and cosy on the inside. 
Batman, The Dark Night, my mum hates me for loving this one, she thinks that "The Joker" played by Heath Ledger is too dark, I love the way the movie is made and his participation, this movie always takes me out when I want to relax. 
The Age of Adaline, I didn't get to watch this one on the theatre when it first came out, but when I saw it on Netflix I loved it, there's something about the storyline and the way the story evolves that I love and fascinated me, this movie is perfect for rainy days at home. 
V for Vendetta, This is one of my all time favourite movies that made me love Natalie Portman even more, I first watched this when I was in high school and then I didn't understood the movie, but as I grew I loved it, actually the last time I saw it was with "Artiste" when she brought pizza and we exchanged gifts before christmas.
Series
Gossip Girl, I know, this recommendation is mostly for girls but I did enjoyed the series when I first watched and even now I enjoy it, I think it's a good way to disconnect from your problems.
Friends, a classic, I can say that I've watched the whole series like 4 times, but I still love it, every time I see is on the T.V. I feel the need to watch it.
Suits, this was one of my Netflix recommendations, I was curious because it has never been my cup of tea but the first episode go me hooked, it had everything from the mistery to the comedy, this is one of those series you watch every week.
Pretty Little Liars, I couldn't let this one go, I watched it for fun, the first two seasons are okay but as you keep going it gets better, until the "A" reveal, which for me was a little bit weird and not what I was expecting, but it's still good.
Dance Academy, this was another one of those recommendations, I cried, laugh and even grew a little bit with the characters, plus, I really like the way they tell the story, you have someone telling you an anecdote before and after the episode and you can relate to some of the stories even if you don't dance. 
I think that's everything I have, as I said I'm not one for watching a lot of movies or series, but I do enjoy doing it every once in awhile, mostly when I'm packing for a trip or I just want to relax and not think about my problems a lot. I think that as loong as you don't spend most of your time in front of a monitor and you actually get stuff done, it's okay to watch some t.v. 
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram