The Resolutions


At the beginning of the year we like to make resolutions, everyone chooses a different number of things they want to accomplish, but we all agree in one thing, we want to make each year the best possible.
One of my old teachers has this saying "All I want this year is health, I'll take care of the rest" which I found to be quite an interesting way to think and I agree with it for most part, but I also think we need more than that.
A week after the month ends, I like to make my new layout for the next month but also I like to go back and check what worked and what didn't, it's a simple exercise that I used to think was a way to lose time but now that I started doing it, I know why it's so important.
A few days ago I told you that I changed my set up this month on my Bullet Journal, I wanted to break down some things to make it look better and work better for me, the main thing was that I added goals, things I want to accomplish that month to accomplish my main resolution of the year.
I divided into 3 categories and added 3 lists of personal interests.
Blog Goals: I've never setted goals for this space, I've always winged it, but now I want to be more engaged because I start to have more ideas of what I want to write and share, I made five main goals, which are:

  • Post every Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. 
  • Edit every post before it goes up.
  • Update on the commitments or challenges I make. 
  • Write more about my day-to-day experiences. 
  • Don't be afraid to share it with family or friends. 
School Goals: I had this coming for a while, I want to settle myself to reach the stars not to be average, so now that I'm coming to the end of my student career I want to do it as best as I can. 
  • Revise my notes for at least an hour a day. 
  • Pre-plan every project.
  • Practice my French and English for at least an hour a day. 
  • Don't leave papers 'till the night before. 
  • Increase my notes.
Personal Goals: This are the ones that involve my day-to.day life and the hardest ones to get done, I always forget them or not really pay attencion to any of them, but this time, I'm going to do it not only for me but for you too.
  • Eat less processed foods.
  • Drink more water. 
  • Stay away from my phone when eating or talking with someone. 
  • Support my friends and family more. 
  • Take a "One Day" break a week.
  • Do Yoga. 
  • Enjoy every moment like it's the last.
On top of all of this I'm going to keep using my "Habit Tracker" just as an incentive to really stick to a healthy routine that works for me. As for the lists, I have a "Reading" and a "To-Watch" which I'll be filling as the month goes by and I read more and watch more movies or series. 
Of course you don't have to do all of this, I like to do it because it's a visual way to have the things I want to accomplish and not get out of track, you can make one or two to start and work from there, at the end of the day is personal preference and self-improvement, make one on your own and work to get there, it's a good way to keep yourself motivated. 
Mayte. 

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram