WR| Exhausted


That's how I feel, exhausted, my body just wants to sleep, sleep and sleep some more, my mind wants to forget about what's going around me, but there's this little voice on the background telling me to keep working because there's too much to do.
When I first started this week I knew it was going to be a hard one with a lot of work but its was nothing like I anticipated, which seems to be a common recurrence on my life, Sunday and Monday were actually planning and organising days which made them quite easy to handle and not as stressful, the tricky part started when I got two messages, one from my mum and the other one from "Chef".
My mum scheduled two meetings for Tuesday and Wednesday both of them quite easy to attend, they didn't interfered with my schedule or anything, the message from "Chef" was to invite me and "Jolie" to her first culinary contest or Tuesday, right after my meeting.
I couldn't do anything to fix it, it was too late, but there was a way I could make all of this work, I just had to move fast, I had classes from 8 'till 11, I would have to run to get to my meeting at 12 p.m., tush around the south part of time to get to "Chef's" school at 13:00 right when she would be serving her first dish.
What I didn't anticipated was that the class I was going to miss from 11 'till 13 had homework that needed to be handed, so I ran, bump into someone, left my work in safe hands, rushed to my meeting, when I ran into an old friend from high school that I haven't seen in almost 4 years, we talked and suddenly I was late.
I rushed as much as I could, I got 5 minutes late to my meeting, but I got there, when I was out I decided to bought something for my mum that happens to be a little bit under the weather, I had the idea of leaving them at her office a little bit later, I called an uber because I had 15 minutes to get to the contest, everything was going according to plan until we both got lost.
For those of you that don't live here, this city has a lot of weird streets so we made a wrong turn that made me be late, I rushed through security and got lost again inside her school, no one told me the right directions, by the time I got there, she was already serving her third dish, I was so sad, until her parents made me feel better, I waited with the others families for the judge's resolution, they got the second place, nothing terrible, actually really good but I do think they should have won.
We needed to make a plan on what to do next, she being as lovely as she sometimes can be, decided to go with me to my mum's office on one condition, I had to invite her lunch, which I was going to do anyway, she met this other part of my world that not everyone gets to meet.
Walking is also a recurrent thing with her, I don't know why, we always end up walking and talking or laughing, we were looking for a place to eat, we settled in this little place where we talked about future aspiration and my careless attitude about  me making money, I think that what makes our friendship so unique and worthy is that, she keeps both of her feet on the ground and allows herself to daydream while I only daydream and "Jolie" is the balance between our yes and no, which makes all a lot more interesting.
Anyway, that day I was so tired that I feel asleep almost instantly, my plan for the next day was quite basic so I thought I was going to be able to take a nap and do homework but my plans never work, I received a message from mum, she needed me to be in one place by 4pm, right after my 3pm meeting.
I was making phone calls, trying to adjust everything for it to work, everything seem fine and bright, until my 3pm meeting didn't arrive, I left the building at 3:50 and had to arrive at 4pm at a place that was almost 30m away with no traffic, I was dead. I rushed and arrived at 4:25pm, I worked and ate as fast as I could, everything was done by 5pm and I've never felt so proud about myself, I bought myself a cookie and was walking my way when I meet this girl that worked for a charity and was raising funds.
She was so nice and nervous, we talked for almost 40 min before I had to leave, she talked a lot, she only needed a person to hear her, she was too stressed for having bad experiences that day and I was more than happy to listen, I was no longer rushing around.
As for Thursday, I was so tired and exhausted but still managed to keep going and score a good grade on two of three exams, I had my meeting from the day before and feel asleep while writing and doing homework.
In weeks like this is when I ask myself whether I should keep going or not, it's true that I don't have the normal teenage life but I kinda like it and I think I enjoy it the most when it's all over and I can see how much I got done. I'm sorry if this is too long and last week was too short, that's how my life happens to be.
Have a great week and keep on dreaming.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram