Failure

Over Image

Before my "Spring Break" officially started, "The Editor" told me about this amazing opportunity he had been given, but he didn't knew if he wanted to take it or not, he was afraid of what may happen, what if he messed up and I remembered my first job, taking care of little kids and playing with them, nothing hard you may think.
I told him the same words my mum told me before going into my first reunion, what's the worst that could happen? I was so scared, the responsibility was huge, the problems could be bigger than I've ever experience, but her words resonated in my head, there were a million reasons I wanted to quit, but there was one reason that keep me holding on. 
He was afraid he was going to mess up, he was afraid of the mistakes he might make, he wanted to do it, but just as me, there was that one reason that keep the idea hanging and his curiosity growing, because before that month of hard work I didn't knew what was the worst that might happen, I was just making things in my mind and hoping for the worst. 
"Failing" he answered, his biggest fear was eating his opportunity and he wasn't even noticing it, we like to sell ourselves short when we are starting because we don't know what we are capable off, when I look back and see what was the worst thing that happened, I laugh, if someone would've told me what that was, I wouldn't have believed them.
Making mistakes is natural, no one is perfect, then what's the difference between you and the person next to you making an income from this, the confidence, the experience and all of that is gained through fail and mistakes, because no one is born ready-to-go, we learn along the way, what makes a person successful is what they learned from their failures. 
Because we'll never know what's the worst that might happen if we never try.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram