WR| Spring Break


This past week I had my spring break, only one week to rest and recharge my battery, but as always I didn't anticipated half of the things that ended up happening.
We first made plans to go and visit my grandma in Acapulco on the weekend, but those plans were later cancelled as we realised that half of our family members had to work on Saturday, so as it was a long weekend, we decided to make a road trip, just my parents and myself to my favourite place in the city on Sunday.
Monday was a day to slowly go back to work and do whatever we had left, but here's were the surprise factor comes in, my grandma was feeling sick so my mum decided to make an impromptu trip from Wednesday night to Friday. This shortened my week from 5 whole days, to 1 1/2 days, where I wanted to see my friends "Chef", "Jolie" and "Artiste". That Monday night was hell for me, I was crying from feeling so stressed, but I had a plan for Tuesday.
I told my friends "Chef" and "Jolie" that I had too much on my plate and that even when I wanted to join them when they were getting their tattoos, I had to cancelled, luckily the tattoo artist was my friend and he covered me up.
The plan for the day was to get up early, buy whatever I was missing, do some work and join them for their tattoo at 11 a.m. but again, how boring my life would be if everything went according to plan, I ran out of time before I realised, so I had to run to my friend's studio but before that I had to call my friend to make sure they were there which ruin the surprise a little bit, but they were still surprised and not so mad for not joining them.
Then, my friend misunderstood the time I made the appointment so we had to kill four hours and that really wasn't part of my plan, so we went to a gallery and ate sushi while we talked about men and I remembered why I loved them so much, heading back, I was nervously shaking, I haven't seen my friend in so long.
My friend "Chef" was the first one, I held her hand the whole way through, she took it like a champion, then my friend "Jolie" decided it was her turn, she choose something to represent the three of us, which was heart warming, I also held her hand, because I want to make them suffer when I have mine done.
But I still had one more friend to visit, I told "Artiste" that I had a surprise for her and I indeed had a plan, but I ran out of time, she worked from 5:30 to 10:00 p.m. and I got out of the studio at 4:50 p.m. I left both my friends with a confused look as I got into a cab and rushed to the building where she works. I was lucky enough to get there at 5:00 p.m. but she was not having the whole surprise idea, we didn't talked as much as I would've wanted to but it was great to see her when I had the time.
Wednesday was my "Getting Ready" day, every time I travel I like to do somethings before hand, like leaving everything nice and clean, I change my sheets, take my laundry out, work my way through the last bits of work I might have left and most importantly, I like to pack calmly, if I rush, I forget things, so I make a list and work my way though while I find stuff that I might need. We travel that night, but as soon as we were there, I crashed, I was so tired that I could only think of sleeping.
Thursday was our only full day there, so as we already know the area, we decided to take the day to fully relax, we went out for breakfast with my grandma and then enjoyed the rest of the day just chatting, sleeping and I did a lot of writing, which I'm proud of, it felt like a vacation, something we haven't had in a long time.
Friday was really funny, we had late brunch, we all talked, catched up, enjoyed a movie, our bus was actually leaving at 2 p.m. that day, so after going to say goodbye to some family that weren't at my aunt's place, we headed back to my lovely city, visiting new places is always fun, but there's something about walking the streets, hanging out here, coming back to my place and sleeping in my bed that I love way too much.
And now it's Saturday, I'm writing this to dump everything that's on my brain right now, I needed it to start with a fresh mind next week, I go back to school, to exams, to work and I don't want to start with stress, I want to do it as best as I can.
Hope you have a great week and keep on dreaming.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram