A Work in Progress


When I look back into my past, when someone from my past comes back, when I see something that reminds me of the old days, I realised how much I changed and how much is still to go.
Sometimes when we look into something we realise how much we want to change something for it to look updated, for it to fit more into the person we are becoming, the person we are growing to be, what we don't realise is that this happens because even when we are not a materialistic thing, we all are a work in progress.
Change is a good thing, as we grow we change a lot, we become wiser and more aware of what's around us, we learn things from others, we take things we like and make them ours, we start to create our personalities, our taste but most importantly we start to mold the person we want to become.
As it happens we make mistakes, some big, some small, some may have a way to get fixed, some may haunt us for some time, some you just forget, the bigger part here is to learn from them, there is saying "Humans are the only animal that stumbles two times with the same rock", think about it, how many time have you made a mistake and actually acknowledge it and learn from it?
There are people that don't take anything from anybody and as my mother would say, they grow as ivy, without direction, hitting and missing, not learning from it, thinking that everything about them is perfect, thinking that no matter what the situation is, they are going to right, thinking that they are on top of the world.
I used to be like that, I fell, hard, and it hurt, because I heard people saying how much I deserve it, the sad part was that they were right, I was wrong and it wasn't until I started to accept that I was a human and humans make mistakes that I was able to move on and continue, but not from where I left, from somewhere different.
Growing means learning from everything and everyone, my dad always tells me that just because that person is below you or does something you think is not worthy, a job that you would hate doing, doesn't mean you have to be rude or not appreciate what they do, you never know when they may be able to give you a hand, plus the fact that they are there, doesn't mean they can't grow or be bigger some day.
Life about the risks you take, the mistakes you make, the lessons you learn and the people you meet. Just remember that you are always growing, you are always going to be a work in progress, no matter how young or old you are.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram