Let's Compare

One night I was talking with a friend about their relationships, I really haven't had many serious relationships as much as I've had flings and short relationships that don't go anywhere, he on the other hand loves to have a relationship and always reaches for the stars, girls that he fancies but that they don't fancy him back.
Anyway, the conversation took an interesting turn when I told him that no matter how bad they were my precious relationships and how scared I was of falling love, I wanted to try it again, I wanted a boy that loved me and supported every crazy idea I had, of course, remind me to keep my feet on the ground.
He said that I needed to compare my previous relationships to the newest in order to get what I want and I freaked, we started to discuss until I fell asleep, but what he said really stood out to me, why do we compare everything to what happen to us previously?
Every person has something that makes them unique, every person no matter how it is, it's different to the other, you are never going to be able to find a person that it's the same to the other, similar you might, but there's something that makes that person who they are and that's the same thing that makes them different.
Every situation is different, no matter how hard you try, how much you want it, every moment of your life is different, there's no way of re-living what it already happen, you have to live off a memory and even with that, you'll have to let it go at some point.
Then, why do we always put effort in comparing people and situations? Maybe it's because we want to re-live it, because we haven't let that thing/person go. It depends on every person, but doesn't it hurt more when you try your hardest to re-live it?
One of my high school friends once show me a song that said that life is a trip and that moments don't happen twice, that you have to look into every detail and move on.
Remember that we don't own time, no matter how hard we try to stop it, it's continuesly moving forward, so why don't we do the same, comparing only makes us lose time that we are going to get back, moments that we are not going to re-live, people that we might not see again. Of course there are moments that we want to keep forever, but remember, those important memories are always going to be with you as long as you never let them go, just don't live out of them.
We don't need to pay that much attention on how much this look to something we already lived, we have to enjoy what we have in front of us and move on, everyone is unique, every moment happens just once and it's up to you if you enjoy them or not.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram