My Safe Place

Anxiety: an ​uncomfortable ​feeling of ​nervousness or ​worry about something that is ​happening or might ​happen in the ​future.

The other day I got news that got deep into my soul and made had a panic attack, it doesn't matter how many times I have one, it always makes me feel terrible, this was no exception, I was still shaking after it and I didn't knew what to do. 
I ran into an old friend of mine, a friend that knows who I am and how I act around people, he is also a great listener, I started talking with him and out of nowhere I was feeling better, I was laughing, I was feeling like myself again. 
The next day I was still picking up the pieces of that episode when "The Entrepreneur" came to visit me, I didn't knew what was making me anxious but I knew that I was not feeling like myself, but when he saw me and hugged, I didn't told him anything, he just hugged and hold me, he made me feel safe and loved.
My safe place is in between my best friend's arms, anywhere where I can laugh and talk with my friends and be myself without being scared of what they might say, my bed,  my home, my spot on the couch, anywhere where I can hear my mum's voice, anywhere where he is, anywhere where I'm not going to get questioned about me or my life anywhere where I can think.
Our safe place is where we can go when we are feeling anxious, mad, sad or we just want to be by ourselves, most of us have one but we don't call it that way, it doesn't even has a to be a spot, it could be where someone is. There are also things that make us feel safe, loved and secure, things that remind us of past moments with someone we care about, things that can take us somewhere else.
It's amazing how a place, a scent, a melody can makes us feel better, can change our mood out of nowhere, it's amazing how little we think about it, never be ashamed of having feelings or even suffering from anxiety, there are more people out there than you think struggling, just like you, what's your safe place?
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram