Music in my life

Books are not the main thing on my day to day life, what really matters to me is music, I can't go a day without it, I have to have it while I walk, clean, eat, before bed and while I shower. I don't like defining my musical taste because if I like it, I'm going to listen to it, I don't care if I get criticized because at the end it reflects who we are, it's part of us, another thing that makes us unique.
I won't talk about my favourites at the moment, I'm going to talk about the songs that remind me something in my life, songs that have a connection with me and that represent the person I was at that point in life.
-Superheroes by The Script. It has a really powerful message of how to overcome problems and pain, I was listening to this the last I had a panic attack and it helped me to calm down, to see things with a clear mind and not freak out more.
-Drag Me Down by One Direction. Fun fact, when this came out I was preparing to go out with my parents with no particular destination. It actually reminds me of them and how they have helped me be stronger and they never left, not even when times were rough.
-Paradise by Coldplay. This song reminds to take a step back, to keep on dreaming even when times are rough, no matter what happen, I use this to relax me and remember that I'm also a human. Plus, this is the one song I love to sing along to.
-Give Our Dreams Their Wings To Fly by Tim McMorris. When I first listened to this song I liked the rhythm, when I started to pay attention to the lyrics and realised the message it had, I became addicted to this song, so now every time I feel down about something or I can't find my centre I listen to this song.
-Lies by McFly. This was a high school favourite, one that I forgot for a while but I found it again when I had a fight with one of my friends, when I realised that lies can hurt people, I felt connected with the song and now I hear it to remember that lies can only lead to more lies.
-Little Me by Little Mix. When this song came out I was in a really bad place, I was trying to overcome problems and the lyrics defined what I wish I could tell to others, what I wish I knew before I made all of those mistakes.
-Merry Christmas, Baby by Hanson. Of course I would have a festive song, this year my family came together for the first time in almost ten years and it felt good, I was listening to this song all over December and it reminds me of jokes around the table and horrible road trips with them.
-Not Afraid by Eminem. Every time I got mad or disturbed by anything I listened to this song, it's empowering and I sometimes forget how much I love it until something changes my mood, I always go back to this.
-Not Strong Enough by Apocalyptica. The first time I had a panic attack I was hearing this song, but this doesn't bring me bad memories, it reminds me of how "The Entrepreneur" held me and calmed down,
-Photograph by Nickelback. I have mixed feelings, leaving high school was the best but also the hardest thing I ever had to do, so every time I listen to this song I remember a few things that I went through and it hurts but it's also nice to see how much I've grown since then.
-Style by Taylor Swift. I had to put a break up song, this explains a little bit of my past relationships, how we I still see them and I feel something and even when I don't go down that rabbit hole, I sometimes fall, it reminds me of one person in particular, how he always comes back to me, how I've come back to him, yet neither of us accept anything.
-Welcome to my life by Simple Plan. An oldie but a goodie, one of my first friends in middle school used to love this song and as I grew I started to understand the meaning behind it and now it just became a song I listen to, when I want to remember those good moments from school to my home.
If my library doesn't lie, those are my most important songs, of course there a bunch more with different meanings but this are the ones that stand out more to me, I can listen to this ones and go back to that moment of my life. What are your most meaningful songs?
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram