WR| By Myself


When something is not right in my life, everything and everyone else suffers. It's like everything around me is off, not just me, I can't focus, I can't do anything properly, my focus is not there and I let everything slip and I get bothered easily than other times.
This was one of those weeks, I knew from the beginning that something was off but in order for me to figure it out, I was going to need to do something, get out of the house and not let this "funk" take over my life like it has happened in the past. I took the week for myself.
Monday was a work day, I immersed myself into the library, worked for a few hours and managed to get so much done that I had the rest of the day free for me to do whatever I wanted and for me, that meant I picked up some food and went back to bed to read a new book, watch some videos and relax.
Tuesday was a workout day, I went for my usual run but I noticed that I wasn't enjoying it as much as I did, I was overdoing the trail and my mind was getting bored of it, so I made a new mental note to change paths. Then I went home to take a shower, get some chinese food that was more than amazing and do some work.
Wednesday was the most enjoyable day for me, I woke up, went to the library, came home to clean my room and was so happy to be home alone doing everything I enjoy and leaving my room spotless, then had the best sushi ever and enjoy an afternoon with good new from my dentist.
Thursday was the ultimate relaxing day for me. I went for a run and tried a new trail and actually loved the new challenge, it was beautiful and challenging and I didn't get lost so it was a win for everyone. What made it even better was that I got to enjoy some of my favourite food ever while reading one of my new favourite books.
The one day I went out was Friday when my mother organised a trip to her hometown which was really tiring, but also one of the best experiences of my year so far. The landscape was breathtaking and although by the end of the day my body ached, it was so worthy.
It was a laid down week, but to be honest I really needed it, my mind thanked me, my body thanked me and I'm feeling better now I've just have to sort out my life and get ready because next week I'm going to have a lot to do and my mood needs to be top notch. Will I survive? We may never know.
Have a good one and remember to keep on dreaming.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram