The Changes


I've been talking a lot about this, about how much I want to improve myself and the way I feel about myself, because in the past few months I didn't feel a lot like myself and everything seemed to go so fast and it seemed like there wasn't anything I could really do to stop it and enjoy the moment.
But something clicked inside me as soon as summer course was over, something inside me told me that it was finally time to get my work boots on and do something not only for my physical and mental health but for everyone around me that was dealing with my mood changes and off days.
The first thing was the reorganisation and I'm not going to lie, I'm not done, it has been a lot more work than I first thought it could be, but I'm starting to feel like everything is more organised now and I also feel like I've been working more towards that goal of being on top of things and not leaving clutter everywhere.
Next was my mental health, if you read my update in my anxiety you would know that I wasn't feeling like myself, I was able to smile but my anxiety was so over the top I wasn't able to sleep more than 7 hours, sometimes less and that would just make my mood change so much. 
The first thing I did was going for more walks, just by myself, with music and seeing the world, next I stopped and took time for myself, to watch a movie or some series, finally, I've started to do yoga regularly again, which not only helps you become stronger, but it helps you to really focus on the moment as you are moving through poses and your breathe.
Going hand by hand there was my physical health, which wasn't as bad as I made it sound, but I was indeed eating more candy and chocolate, drinking less water and not exercising as much, but for this two past weeks I've been trying to be better, workout at least 5 times a week, drink more water and trying to quit candy (that's not going to well, but we keep on trying). 
And then there's school, work and personal projects, that were the main aspects of my life that got neglected during this process, maybe I was too lazy, maybe I wasn't doing enough, but today I finally feel like I'm catching up on everything, I just have to be more disciplined in what I do and finish before the deadline. 
As you can see I can pinpoint my problems, that has been quite easy, where I'm struggling is in doing something about it, but baby steps for now, I know not everything is going to change overnight, but as long as I keep working on it, everything will turn out okay, right?
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram