Thank you Summer


Thank you summer for being sunny, for bringing colour and hope back into my life, for giving me all of those amazing memories, for taking me to amazing places with amazing people, for giving me everything I could have ever imagined and more.
This summer I learned more about myself than I have in the past few months, but I can't lie, when it first started I felt quite unsure, quite on the fence about everything that was going on around me, but as days, weeks and even months passed, I could see that sometimes it has to be bad in order to become good.
As the weather started to warm up, changes began to happen and even when I was afraid, I pushed through, because most of the time that's what you've gotta do to be better, to become that person you've always dreamed of being, to try something new, to be able to keep on dreaming.
I can't lie, this summer brought me amazing experiences, I got the opportunity to do what I love with people that showed me that even in the worst moments, you've gotta remember there's a light at the end of the tunnel and it will indeed get better.
I learned to laugh harder that I ever laughed, I learned that even when everything seems to be lost, there's still a chance to make it better, I learned that, depending on who you spend your time with, people are there to see you shine, to see you give the best, not to see the bad in you, not to see you fail.
Now as I drink my favourite autumn drink I say, thank you summer for bringing out the best in me, for showing me that even when everything seems to go wrong, it does get better, for showing me that I'm lucky enough to have people around me wanting me to shine, for giving me memories I can share with my grandchildren.
I guess all I have left to say is "I'll see you next year".
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram