Of the Bookshelf| Ugly Love


Tate Collins meets Miles Archer when she moves in back with her brother, something doesn't feel right as soon as she realises that Miles is the drunk guy outside her new apartment, their relationship has a rocky start but their attraction for each other is undeniable so they come up with an arrangement, a sex arrangement, and as long as she respects Miles' rules they'll be fine.

Hearts get infiltrated.
Promises get broken.
Rules get shattered.

Love gets ugly.  
What I liked:

  • The backstories: More than telling the story, they are sharing the memories and the way everything felt during those moments, which makes it more enjoyable and understandable. 
  • Miles & Tate's connection: It was there and you can feel it as you flip through the pages, you can see how their relationship changes over time.
  • The sex: Something I can agree with everyone that read this book, the sex parts were handled right and it a really nice way, there wasn't anything overly dramatic or over the top about them. 
What I didn't like:
  • Miles & Tate first relationship: It wasn't something nice to read, there were many times when I wanted to talk Tate into saying something else. 
  • Miles' POV: Unfortunately although I liked the backstory, it was really overdone, too cheesy, too romantic and even though I get why she needed it to be this romantic for the story, it was too much.
I liked this book because I had this kind of relationship in the past, I like that it doesn't sugar coat with romance the story, but at the same time I feel like the backstories and some of the POV's were too much and it just made the book longer which was no needed, the book by itself was good and got me flipping through the pages without wanting to stop. For me it's a 3.5 out of 5.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram