February: The Review


February is over, another month has flown by and contrary to what I had believed at the beginning of the month, I haven't had time to relax, yet alone stop, which for most people would be a good thing, but for me, it has been taking my energy and health away.
The month started with a surprise plan from "Chef" to visit "Jolie" at her work, something we had been planning but ran out of time, luckily we both had afternoons off one day and made it happen, it was nice to see them before we all got back to crazy lives and schedules that don't seem to fit together.
But then after that life got even crazier, I started school feeling quite prepared and organized for the work load, but what I didn't anticipated was my school work load, I never realise how much I do and how much I run around town until I get sick and have to stay in bed.
The second week of the month I got sick and not the kind of sick that lets you go to class, I got really sick with watery eyes, stuffy nose and headaches that I couldn't handle, but me being me, I didn't cancel any commitments, I went through with them and used the afternoons to "recover" until the weekend came around and I actually stayed at home.
And then the next week I got sick again, I had a relapse and felt so frustrated to not be able to follow through with my plans and meetings and school like a normal human being, but the worst happened that weekend, my parents and I went out to eat, something about the food was a bit off, we didn't pay attention and the next thing I know is that my tummy is not feeling right.
I was double sick, if that's a term, (or germ Ha,Ha) I got some sort of virus from the food but was so stubborn to not let my mind believe I was actually sick that I didn't do anything until the pain was so strong it was making me dizzy. Only after a long mum-speech I got my medicine and after the fourth day actually started to feel like a normal human being, until I realised I was going down with the flu (again).
School wise everything has been really relaxed if I can say so myself, I feel like I've been a lot more organized and leaving less time to procrastinate, so I don't find myself doing last minute task, but exams are coming up so we will see if it's really going as well as I think or if I need to re-inforce something.
One thing I didn't do during this month was relax, I need to learn how to do it, I've been working out regularly and actually bouncing back into the shape I had pre- Christmas and I like it, yoga has helped, but even when I don't feel stressed or pressured, this long sickness has to be coming from some place and the only thing that has changed has been the amount of work I have.
Overall a good month, filled with love and understanding from family and friends, lots of germs in me, a lot of work but positive minds. Hope you had a great month and remember to keep on dreaming.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram