WR| Re-connecting


Everything happens for a reason or at least that's what we want to believe, but the reality is that sometimes life is just too much and taking a step back can really help you to realise where you are standing and what you can do to keep moving forward.
This break was not premeditated, I remember Friday and I was in a grumpy, horrible mood, taking my frustration out on my mum who had nothing to do with my tiredness or complete lack of organization, I re-read what I had written that week and I was so mad at myself, because not only were they really bad, but it was almost like another person wrote them. That's why I decided to unwind.
This was the week for me to reconnect with myself (the real one, not the one that's bitching around), my family and friends, a lot happened but it would be better if I explained it day by day.
Monday was my last day at work, I was done and even though it was a really nice space, it wasn't meant to be forever and I was quite excited for my next step and this semester that's about to start.
Tuesday was when things began to shine up, I went out for sushi with "Chef" and "Jolie", a girls evening was needed and I laughed so much, that my tummy muscles ached that night. It made me realise how much I miss them even when we try to talk a lot through messages, there's a lot we miss and catching up with them and laughing at the embarrassing things we do, never gets old.
Wednesday was a double day, I actually went to meet "Peanut" the new member of "Artiste's" family, it's a precious little boy, we talked and it felt like old times, I really missed her and I hope there's more for us ahead. Then, I ran to be with my number one man "Stranger", who's the only one I can count on when I need someone to listen to me at 3 a.m. while I have a meltdown in another city.
Sometimes the situations doesn't allow us to be as connected as I would want to, but that doesn't mean I don't love and care for those weirdos I call my friends, they are the ones holding my hand and pushing me to do those really stupid things I love.
Thursday was a day for Gilmore Girls and me, I'm almost done with it and it was really nice to have a little bit of a break in the middle of the week to do nothing, even when I planned to do a lot of housework, I wouldn't do it as often, even if I could, but it was really nice to not leave the bed all day.
Friday was more active, I cleaned, I wrote a lot, I caught up with YT videos and left the house for a beautiful lunch with my mum and her sister, which I also missed, there are times in which we see each other about 5 times a month and others, like this one, in which everything becomes sporadic and not so much fun.
I also had the chance to see my family on the previous weekend and even though it's sad to see my aunts start to lose their memories, I was reminded that I had really precious moments around them and those are the ones that have to stick to me.
It was an interesting week, I got to reconnect with others and myself, and it will always be nice to remember where do you come from, it settles you down and makes you realise that even when you are tired, the fight is not over and there's a lot to win.
Have a great week, end of the month, beginning of the month and remember to keep on dreaming.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram