January: The Review


January was quite the month, not only did I started the year more busy than ever, but also more motivated than ever, which was a surprise if you look back to other year and how much I really got done in the first two months of the year.
One thing I knew for sure was that I really wanted to up my game in every aspect of my life and let myself feel a lot more, leave bad feelings behind, work hard for those dreams I've been pursuing in the past three years, but also work on myself, I want to become that person I would feel proud of.
For this start of the year I had a job, which was new, I've always had this philosophy in which the winter break was for me to rest and not take any projects in my hands, but when I heard about this one, I said yes, it was something new, something I wasn't quite sure how it would go, but one in which I was going to learn something new.
Unfortunately for both parts, I already had some commitments in line, so I was only able to collaborate with them on certain dates and certain hours, but even with that, I'm really happy with everything that was brought to the table in this month and everyone I got the chance to met and work with.
During that time I actually had to ask for a few days due to my cousin and her baby, because one night my mum got a call, she was in labour and it was a complicated birth for both sides, my aunt and her were pretty much alone and without help there, so me being me, I proposed as the victim to go with them and help.
That was my first flight on my own and I won't lie, I was nervous and a bit nostalgic, when my dad said goodbye to me right before I went through security, I got a bit emotional but did not cry. Everything from there went quite smooth, no trouble at secure, no trouble with the guy sitting next to me and more importantly, no problem with the take off.
I went there, met the little girl that made me carry a newborn for the first time and also made me gave her her bottle, it was quite an experience, one that I thought would happen in many many years. It really melts your heart to carry one of those little ones and calm them when they are crying.
Once I got back I was shattered, after 4 days of barely sleeping and barely eating, my body was going straight from tiredness to exhaustion, so I took a week off of everything and focused on myself, I relaxed and stayed in bed, but towards the end of the week, my mood was really bad and cranky.
And then the month was almost over, so I decided that seeing my friends was probably the best option to set my feet back on the ground and not feel so bad about myself and I have to say, I never realise how much I miss them until I see them again and see how much they have changed or the person they have become, it was nice to set this week aside to enjoy it with others.
After a little break, I'm back and let me tell you, there's nothing that a good work out, a good sleep and letting your mind wander freely can't do. I feel more motivated, more happy and more in-sync with everything that I'm doing right now, I feel like I can finally put my soul in everything I do and feel happy about it.
It was quite the month for first times and I feel excited for everything that's to come.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram