The Newbie


Through my working days, I've discovered that not only does being the new girl affects the position you are going to be in, but also the image people are going to have of you because no matter how hard you've work to get there, people are always going to be quick to judge.
I've been in many different jobs, some of which have fulfilled my expectations, some haven't, but in everyone of them, I've learned something different and new that takes me out of my comfort zone bringing me to feel more confident everytime I change jobs.
I just turned 21 and I don't look old (if I can say so myself) and that has lead people to think that just because I'm younger than them, I don't deserve a chance or I'm not smart enough, just because of my image, and don't let me get started on how they've judged me basing on purely my genre.
Time after time, I've showed that not only am I capable of performing well on each one of those jobs, but that I also can bring new ideas to the table and accept when I make mistakes, half of the time they won't listen to me, the other half they might consider it and after a few thinkings, they realised it may work.
I'm not trying to put myself in a pedestal by saying any of this but to bring young hope to you, I've been the new girl, the "unexperienced" one, or even the dumb one and I know how it feels to be maken less, to sit in that spot day after day and think that this job may not be what you expected, or even giving up after a few days because people gave you a hard time.
What I'm trying to say it's that you deserve to give as much as a fair chance to the job as everyone should do with you, at the end we are all on the same boat trying to push forward, if people don't see it that way, you don't have to deal with them, give your best. If after a couple of weeks the job still doesn't feel right, then it may never and it may be for the best if you moved on, but at least you know and you tried it.
Don't give up on your dream job just because someone's making it hard for you, if it's your truly dream job, go for it and remember that they are the ones putting all of that energy into giving you a hard time.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram