Life Changes

Last night I was thinking on how much my life has changed lately, every aspect of it has been up for something new or even some improvements, and it has taken a lot of work to get here and to stay in this place in which I feel happy and motivated, but I can't help to think how life was about three years ago.
When I first started this space I was in a really bad place, I had no self-confidence, I had no strength, I had almost no money, I had no one and nowhere to go, my panic attacks happened almost every night, my eyes would be really puffy and read every morning and I wouldn't do anything during the day but to sleep and maybe half-eat. 
It took awhile for me to wake up from that nightmare but at last, I did, it has been in this past months, that I have been beating myself up to reach for the stars, more than before, more than I have ever thought would be possible. 
I've been taking a lot of opportunities in and although there have been tough times in which I can only feel like running away or even sleeping, I haven't. One good example of that was when my cousin got sick, those three days were nightmares, but more than hiding my pain, I decided to take it in and when the timing was right, take it out, I was not going to keep any of that pain inside me to hurt me more than it should. 
And it has been like that in past months, I've learned to really stand up for myself and instead of keeping everything in, I go and talk with a friend or even my dad or mum, I'm still in the process of learning, like today, it was not my best day, I can tell you how tired and grumpy I felt mid-afternoon, not everything went as planned, but I try to not take it out on others, but to talk it and walk it off. 
Sometimes I feel like people forget that I'm human too, not because they put too much on me but because when I say how tired I am or how much I would want to take a nap, they take it the wrong way as if I was saying that I feel ungrateful for everything I have. I don't, I know how incredibly lucky I am, but I also know how much of my work has taken to get me here, it's worthy, the thing is that I sometimes can use a bit of a lay in.
But those lay in's are only to wake up and feel stronger, hopeful and ready to fight once again, because for what I've learnt, life's not about the bumps in the road, life's about how you get up and keep on going.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram