WR| The First Times


There are a lot of first times we don't remember, our first walk, our first word, our first laugh, our first cry and many more, but there are also a lot of first times we get to live and remember and can make memorable.
Today, as I'm writing this, I'm living so many first times that I'm having a rough time keeping up with  them, but let's go back to how this week was, because unless I start from the beginning, you won't be able to understand.
I knew this week was going to be rough one because not only did I had work to do, but meetings to go to and work due in certain dates, so before the craziness started, I pre-planned and scheduled everything to make sure, everything was going to fit and work out on time, but little did I know that not only did my plans wouldn't go through but I was going to have to leave the comfort of my home.
On Wednesday, we woke up to the news that my cousin was in labour, but she had been having complications and both lives were in danger, she lives about 5 hours (by bus) away from me and the rest of my family, so everyone freaked out at the thought of her and her mum having to deal with everything on their own. Luckily, my boss was understanding and let me absent myself for a few days. so I was going in representation of all of them.
Don't get me wrong, I've travelled solo before, but this time was different because I've never flown by myself. My mum was always the organiser, the one telling me what to do and when, so when she told me I was going to be going by myself, I had a little freak out on my own.
I went back to pack everything and prepared myself for something new, after all it's one of my resolutions. Controlling my anxiety was another thing that was keeping me busy, I was shaking and mumbling things before boarding my flight, which only made it worst, but not only did I manage to get through security but to reach my destination.
I met the baby, she's a healthy, chubby sweetheart that stole my heart, I carried her, gave her her bottle, rocked her to sleep and managed to keep her safe while the other worked or rested, all of this without knowing a thing about babies before hand, I have to say, I'm quite impressed with myself.
Now, I'm in bed, half awake, really tired, with an upset tummy and not much energy left, being 2 am in the morning and having to wake up early to manage to catch my flight, I don't know how this week is going to go, I just hope I can get some rest or at least not faint in the process of trying to survive another day.
Have a great start of the week, don't let anything, not even tiredness stop you and remember to keep on dreaming.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram