October:The Review


This is going to be an interesting one, I like to think I have a normal life, until something happens and that idea is out of the window, I learned that not only I don't have a normal life, my friends are not as normal as I thought.
The month started in quite a weird note, I was feeling caged and without inspiration so I took a impromptu trip to "Cuernavaca" to refresh my ideas and let everything out, it was an amazing trip, I truly think I needed that trip to let my mind free, I didn't worry about time or responsibilities, it was just me, walking around and enjoying the amazing weather. 
But good things don't last long, I actually had a really hard time with my family during the first days of the month, we fought and I was feeling like home wasn't there, then, we had a family emergency, that made my anxiety rise high to the point in which I didn't knew if I was going to be able to make it, but I did, I pushed through it. 
After my birthday things started to brighten up, for my birthday I actually used the day to relax, that was my gift from me to me, my body was asking me for that, my mind needed to stop worrying. Days started to slow down from there. 
One thing I learned from those 3 days in which family went through a bit of hell was that no matter if you haven't talk with them in three months, family sticks together in rough times, I'm really grateful for my dad and the way he supported my mum and her family, he drove 200mi to help them, he was there tranquilising my mother, holding her hand and seeing that really warmed my heart.
After that, we actually took a trip down to Cuautla, just the three of us, just for a day, to relax, to forget about problems, we didn't tell anything to anyone, it was quite amazing, we walked through the city, went to a spa and talked about how we were feeling, for some it may seem like something mundane, but for me it had a lot of meaning, we don't get to do any of this as often as we would want to.
I'm writing this after that weekend away from working and it feels good to come back, I have a refreshed mind, new ideas, new motivation, the one thing that worries me a little bit is time, according to my mum, we'll be making another trip before the month ends and we shall be having a family reunion, the problem? there's only one weekend left, but we always find a way of making it work. 
I hope you had an amazing month, I hope that you enjoyed "The October Project" as much as I did, it was quite intimidating, I failed a little bit with the publication of the story, but that will be updated every once in while, I just felt like it was missing something, but I've found it, we'll see where that goes, anyway, I hope November brings a log of new things and amazing opportunities, as always, remember to keep on dreaming. 
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram