Spring Cleaning...


Every two seasons I try to deep clean my room, closet, life, whatever I feel like it needs it. 
In my country is starting to get really warm so that means that I have to take out my spring  clothes and put away the cosy sweaters. I like following a process, if I do it, I won't feel like I'm all over the place when I start. I hope this tips can help you go through that process.
Start by taking a look of the space see what you are going to be working with, if you want to change things around, now is your chance to really think about it, make a list of the things you would love to do.
DON'T take everything out at the same time, I'm guilty of doing this in the past, start with the big things, chance your sheets, make your bed, take away everything that may be in your way.
Be realistic with the things you want to keep, we get over attached to some pieces over memories and good moments, memories are always going to be there for us.
See the whole picture, be aware of everything you have and separate what you want to donate, what is going to the trash and what you are going to keep, it's totally okay if you make a list of essentials that you think you are missing.
Clean the surfaces of everything you can, you don't get to really do it that often, it'll give that fresh smell to everything and it'll start to look better, don't forget about your closet.
Put everything back, organize it in a way that is going to work for you and that you know you are going to be able to keep up with, if your closet looks amazing but it's only going to be like that for one day, it's not worthy.
At the end of the day is all about you feeling good about your space, feeling comfortable with it, as I said, it can look like something you'll find on pinterest but if it's going to last a day, it's not worthy.Play around with your space and make something that is functional. Cleaning always helps us to feel better, working in an organized space is better, makes our ideas flow better and we have less to worry about. Enjoy the beginning of the spring.
thanks for reading!

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram