Following my Advice...

Looking back at my life I see that for a long period of time I was miserable or so I though and then I realised that my friends came and still come for advice with me, I can give advice, I can't follow it, I realised that I talk more than I do and I kind of want to change that, I made a list:
  • Stop touching your face! I do this all the time, mostly when I'm nervous and although I don't suffer from really bad skin issues, I know how bad is it, It needs to go.
  • Take care of your body, you only have one! I hate doctors, I hate going to the dentist, if the pain is not taking over my life and making me cry, I wont go and I have cried over pain just 3 times (the ones I remember) I'm taking baby steps on this one.
  • Try new things! I hate to admit this one, when I love a restaurant, a drink, a dish, I'll have until someone recommends something new, I think is because I'm afraid that everything is going to be horrible so I stick to my usual, that's also the reason behind my black and grey closet.
  • Open your heart! Yeah, that's why I haven't had a relationship in over 2 years now, I don't do it, I'm terrified of getting hurt.
  • Everything is going to be okay! I like a good drama in my life and although I learned to manage it, I still need to find a good way to deal with it.
  • Be patient! I have the horrible habit of thinking that everyone can do the same thing in the same speed and rhythm as me and they don't, so I get annoyed, I try to work on that daily.
Everyone has their own list, I think everyone should work on that, or just look back to see if you are really being honest with yourself when you give advice.

thanks for reading!

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram