Living through hate...


There's a saying in my country that says "No soy monedita de oro para caerle bien a todos" which is pretty much that not everyone will like you.
You are going to meet people and they may not like you, without even getting to know you and that's how life usually goes, but there are times where people just take it to a hole new level and start being rude with you or start making you feel bad about yourself.
I went through a period in my life where I used to listen to whatever everyone else had to say, I took those words and change myself. There was this one boy that told me I was fat and although I knew that I had gained a few pounds over the holiday, those words really affected me, I stopped eating and in a month I lost a serious amount of weight, but I also started doing things that weren't my thing, I got lost in words. One of my "friends" ask me about my change and I told him, he acted and told me he  was worried, but he never tried to help me, days later a girl started saying bad things about that and told everyone that I stopped eating, she was making fun of an actual problem and most importantly trying to hurt me, I'm still going out of that, but words of those people don't affect me any more.
What I'm trying to say is that, it doesn't matter how you look, where you come from or your personality, no one has the right to make fun or judge you, no one has the right to hurt you...
When you start getting hate from people, sometimes it affects you more than it should, not because you really think that of yourself but sometimes you are not as confident of what you have. If you let hate get to you, you are going to get hurt for people that need a proper life and things to worry about, if you want to change things, go for it, but do it because you want it, in a way that's not going to hurt you, not because someone is telling you how you need to look. You need to know that sometimes they are jealous or want some more attention.
Let the words slip and live your life your way.
thanks for reading!

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram