Fear and being alone...

Why am I single?
We live in a society where being single is not always acceptable, or at least in my family is not, but why?, cause they feel that you are going to feel lonely?. My parents have always told me that they are going to support my decisions as long as it's a healthy relationship.
If you don't want to rush into a relationship, don't do it, you can wait, the world can wait, don't let anybody else pressure you.
About a year ago I decided that being single was the best for me, for now, I have so much going on, I'll have so much more and I'm a true believer that in a relationship you are making a commitment and you both need to put your souls, hearts, time and everything that you can for the relationship to work. I can't do that right now, because of me, I made my decision and I'm sticking to that until I find the one that comes and changes that without me noticing and also being extremely supportive with me or until I get tired and start looking for him...
Love is not something that just happens, it'll be building up with actions and little details, a relationship based in material things is also not good,  everyone has a way doing stuff and it's fine but don't do anything just because everyone is pressuring you... Be sure of the things that you want to do and feel free to say no, sometimes is for the better.
Thanks for reading and never forget to smile!

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram