Of the Bookshelf| Unbreak My Heart

Kate Evans only has one friend Rachel who is married to the man she's always been in love with, but instead of disappearing like others, she stays and takes care of the kids and Rachel when Shane is not there, she avoids him at all cost, making their relationship distant and cold. But everything changes one afternoon when Rachel suffers and accident leaving Shane and four kids behind.
What I liked:

  • The plot was more mature than others, having kids involved complicates and calls for more drama which in this case I enjoyed a lot. 
  • The kids are really involved in the story line, there's never a time in which they forget about them or leave them hanging, they are always there and have a voice, they play an important part in the story and that doesn't happen a lot.
  • The backstory was simple, yet it made the story a bit more complex as it helped understand why some of the characters were that way, plus it adds up in characters.
  • The fall out, I don't say this often, but this time I could feel the pain with the character, I even cried, it was written in a way in which you could feel connected with the character.
What I didn't like
  • The back and forth, they hated each other, they fell back in love, they cared, they didn't and it all got a little bit too much at moments, plus it made the female character seem weak and in the need of love which if you read her part alone, was not the case. 
  • Shane as a character was too much for me, his parts made him seem like an idiot, but at the same time he regretted a lot of things, it was really confusing. 
It was a good book if you like a little bit of more drama, you are going to get mad with the characters, you are going to feel what they feel and as I said, you may even cry, but at the end it was worthy, it's light, it's and enjoyable book, for me it's a 4 out of 5. 
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram