Let's Catch Up


It's nice to see you again, it's been like two weeks since the last time I had the opportunity to sit down and write anything, not because I was busy, but because I was really struggling to get my ideas out of my head and make them seem cohesive. I took a break, but in this two weeks I learned a lot more about me than anticipated.
One, my classes have been a lot more demanding than I ever thought they were going to be and I didn't had the energy nor the motivation to go through so most of what I did seemed overly mechanic and I didn't found anything good in them. Two, leaving my bed every morning became a daily struggle, suddenly my life was crumbling down and I didn't know how to stop it. 
Three, I met someone, then invested all of my time in him not realising that what I needed to do was to balance everything out, he came to break a really fragile balance, that left me even more lost than usual, but also more anxious and nervous waiting for what he had to say, after an argument I decided to leave it and focus more on myself. 
Four, you never realise how little time you invest in you and your body/mind until you take five, it's awfully amusing to see how my skin improved from two weeks of taking care of it, or how much more happy I feel just from doing little things like reading more, listening to new music or even taking a 10 min nap when I feel tired. 
Five, my friends, I've said it before and will say it again, they are in my life to give me hope and strength to keep going. Talking with them feels really natural and being able to laugh about really dumb things we do it's an added bonus, I feel really lucky to have them near me and I hope it's like that for a really long time. 
Six, I hate mess, but when I work or do things daily I tend to leave everything everywhere, which I would then pick up at the end of the day, but I swear, I woke up one day and saw mess everywhere, that's when my inner Monica revived and made me clean and even reorganise some of my stuff. Everything looks so much better now. 
Seven, my parents, we've been having really nice heart to heart conversations that make me realise how much I miss them sometimes, they truly are really important to me and I know I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am without them. They deserve everything.
Eight, I consider myself a puntual person, except when I'm not which has been the case for this past three weeks, but it shall change soon. Nine, the tardiness also affected my school schedule, I'm one for planning work and homework and in those past weeks it didn't happen, everything went up really late. 
Ten, overall the quality of everything I was doing was off, something made it feel like almost someone else was doing it, I'm not one to fail or not give my best and it really bumped my mood to see what I was doing, at the end I'm fighting to be the person I've always dreamt off.  Yes, it takes time and you should always take a step back when you feel like it's too much, but it's up to you to push you to keep going. 
That's it, we are back, better than ever, we'll see how much it lasts or if I think differently in a couple of weeks. Thanks for hanging on in there and remember to keep on dreaming. 
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram