March: The Review


I would love to sit down and tell you how amazing March was, except it wasn't like that, this month has proved to be a real challenge for me and everyone around, I don't know if it's the change of air or the remains of winter that we had, but I really hope it all gets better from here.
Since the beginning of the month I knew something was off, I was just recovering for a long month of sickness and although I was ready to pump myself up, I found that it wasn't happening, I had something else going on, I was feeling a little bit lost within myself.
Luckily I didn't had as much work as I did before or in past months, which was nice but also meant that my incomes were not as good as others, which is fine considering I don't have big bills, but my savings indeed suffered a lot because I spent a lot more than I ever thought I could, but I shall be working on that and getting better at prioritizing my expenses.
The ugly part of this month was definitely my anxiety, I haven't had as bad anxiety as I did since last year and it wasn't fun having to call one of my friends because I was suffering from one big one but also I was on the street which is not safe at all. Anyway, I've been working on that, practicing yoga to focus on my breathing and a lot more things to feel better. And as Sir Elton John would say "I'm still standing"
As for this space I feel like it's the one that suffered the most, when I go through rough patches my creativity goes away and I wasn't able to write anything I felt truly proud of, hence the little break and awful post from the week before, but everything seems better now and I have more ideas to explore.
The highlight of the month were definitely my friends, I don't know what would have been of me without their unconditional support and patience with me. I also had the opportunity to met new people in my classes which have been amazing and it's really nice to see familiar faces.
I've also been working on my photography a lot more and being more brave with some shots. Reading has become my favourite thing to do no matter the place, you'll find a book on my bag at all times and it case everything fails, I have ebooks on my phone.
And that has been my month, it has it's up's and it's down's but now I'm learning to openly laugh and not be embarrassed, to cry, to tell someone when something doesn't feel right and be me, my weird self, because I wouldn't want to be anyone else.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram