Making Changes


About 8 months ago I started to make a lot of changes, mostly internally, I wanted to get to a place in which I would feel happy with the person I am, but also with the things I put out there, because believe it or not, the attitude that you have towards your life makes a huge impact on you and your surroundings.
The first change was to work out, before this I would be able to spend all day in bed and not do much about it, but when one job offer came my way I took it as a sign for me to start doing something that I should have done years ago. It was a tough process, I'm still not 100% happy with my resistance or my body just yet, but I'm surely seeing positive changes.
Then it came my passion for outside environments, truth be told, I can spend a whole week in bed and feel okay with it, but once I started to enjoy the fresh air and my days out, I started to realise that I felt happier if I went out, so instead of spending most of my time at home, I try to balance it out.
And everything started to snowball without me even noticing, before I would avoid fruit or vegetables at any cause, now having a meal without veggies seems weird, drinking juice seems too sugary, the one thing I can't give up just yet are sweets and pastries, but once you realise that you really are what you eat, the way you see food changes a lot.
My anxiety became something more bearable, I can't say it's under control, but I've come to a place where I feel comfortable enough to meet new people, speak my mind or even go into small crowds and not have a freak out, I can handle a conversation with a stranger and still feel a little bit comfortable.
My work ethic also changed a lot, before I would leave things for the last minute and not go that extra mile, but in this last job I discovered that if you put that extra mile people are going to notice and you are going to feel more accomplished, and this not only helped me get through that project but it has also been helping me work more actively in my school work and overall projects that I have going on.
But none of this came overnight, it took a lot of time and acceptance, if I were to do any of this because someone was asking me to do it, it would have never got done. When making changes, you need to do them for yourself, that's the only way to succeed and feel completely happy with them.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram