Of The Bookshelf| Book Club

Pinterest Image

Books are a passion of mine, but it wasn't always like this, there was a time when reading seemed like the worst idea ever, I found it boring and I didn't understood what the fuss was about when they talked about the latest Harry Potter book.
I grew up in a reading environment, my parents love to read, they do it for work and for fun, we actually live in between magazines and books, they love it, they encouraged me to read, but other than the books I was asked to read in school, I never did it.
This was until high school, by this I knew how to cheat my way around book reports, I didn't read the whole thing, I would pick ideas and make my own from different online reviews, it was really bad, but really clever, no one found out about it, but when I met "Artiste", she was reading a book a week, for fun, this made me start to realise that maybe reading was fun. I started to read a book every six months maybe at this time, I didn't found enough interest in there.
When I entered college, I learned how to read fast, I wasn't going to spend 3 weeks with a short book, I had to go quick through books in order to be able to sleep at least 5 hours, then one trip, I decided to download Divergent, this book about the movie I went to watch with a friend the week before and loved.
It was a 5 hour trip, by the third hour, I was done, I read the book and was so anxious and impatient about knowing what would happen next, that as soon as we got to our destination, I downloaded the next two books and read them in the following two days, I cried a lot when it came to an end, but this were the books that opened a whole new world for me to explore.
From there I started to read more and more, I would read every book I could get hold of, I couldn't go to bed if I had two or three chapters left from a book, I needed to know what would happen next, I had a bunch of sleepless nights, but it was all worthy, I now know how to control it.
That's why I wanted to create a book club for so long, I knew I wanted to share what books I came to love and which ones didn't made the cut for me, it something I'm really passionate about and I hope you like it, I'll make sure to keep it as interesting as I can.
The review will go up the first and the third Saturday of the month for now, I'm going to go a little slow and work my way there, have good night reading.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram