Life Lessons| Not Everyone is Going to Like You


I grew in a really social environment were not only I did I had to be surrounded by family but also other people, I was the last, at that time, from my generation and the only one to be a girl, I grew in an environment where people liked me, they cared and spoiled me every time I was around, I grew with this idea that everyone was going to like me.
Coming to high school there was this one girl that didn't liked me because of the way I look, she would make mean comments about me and at the time I didn't really understood why she hated me without ever knowing me, I couldn't get my head around someone hating me because of how I looked or how I was, that was my first contact with hate. 
Years passed and I started to see that it wasn't only her that didn't like me, there were more people, it wasn't an army, but it sure was more than 2 people, that's when I started to question who I was, because what if everything I was doing was wrong and they were right by hating on me. 
What opened my eyes was actually a bad work experience, my work mate didn't like me, sje met me for two minutes and made her judgement and we started having problems, not only did she get herself into trouble but also got me involved too, that's when I took a step back and went up to my boss to talk about the problem.
She was the one opening my eyes and telling me that not everyone was going to like because of my pretty smile, that there was people out there  willing to judge everyone for everything, when people are looking for something to be wrong, they are going to find it, even if it takes them a year long. 
Understanding that you are not the problem when someone's hating on you will save you energy, bad understandings and bad moods, choosing not to give them the power to break you is the most important part, because at the end, they are the ones putting all the effort into that, your job is to understand that not everyone is going to like you and don't fed what they are doing by doing things that are going to annoy them. 
You do you and let them talk, it says more about them and how they talk about others, than it says about you. 
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram