July: The Update


I can finally talk about all of those things I've been keeping secret for a long time now, that has been pure hell for me, I can't keep a secret unless I really, really have to, which were the case of most of this thing.
First, I have a new job, yep, you read it right, I still have my old job with my mum, but for summer I wanted something to keep me out of my house for more days, this is my dream job, I will be working in a summer course as a head assistant, this combines two of my passions, kids and organizations, plus I'm going to have this amazing views from my office every day. I didn't say anything to anyone because I didn't wanted to jinxed it, the was a moment during June that I knew I was going to get it, but nothing was set in stone, so I wait and one day they called me and gave my uniform.
Second, there's a bun in the oven and it's not mine, "Artist" is pregnant, I can finally say this to the world, I've known for 2 months, I didn't react well, it took a long time to sink in, but it finally did and since then, I've been joking around about the name and things like that, she's beyond excited and hormonal.
Third, I'm finally launching a book club, it's been long time overdue, I wanted to do it but for something always kept me of doing it, but I finally said "F' it, I'm doing it", that's one of the reasons of why I've been reading so much lately. The name is going to be "Of the bookshelf" and it's going to go up the first and the last Saturdays of the month.
Fourth, I'm changing things up, for a long time I've been posting every Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday, it works wonders for me, it's amazing but I think it's time to do something different, I'll be having the same thing on Sundays, Mondays and Wednesday, but Fridays are going to be strictly to photo diaries, Saturdays are for Lifestyle things like food, music, books, style, you name it. I want to slowly add more and more of those things but keeping everything fresh and interesting, you now know enough about me, it's time for you to know more about what I love.
Fifth, I redid my social media, I always keep them quite alone and unused, I like to say that I don't have enough time, but that's a lie, I can definitely find a few minutes to use it and be more active, I started by making it more mine, adding things I love and such and now I feel more inspired to use them, maybe on a daily bases
Sixth, I redid my tumblr, I had to close my old one, I was having a lot of problems and the best thing for me was to just shut it down and start fresh, I'm keeping the design really simple for the pictures to stand out, it's going to be like an inspiration board.
Seventh, I've been doing slight changes to my routine, I work out on a daily bases, I eat healthier, I'm going to start a new job and all of those things call for changes, if I want to be sane, I'm going to have to be more organised, if I want to stay healthy, I'm going to have to keep working out, eating healthy and smile more. Those sometimes seem like really small things, but think about how much they are going to change your body and your humour.
One part that's becoming really important for me is to be more optimistic, not naive, I want to be more aware of my surroundings and see what I can do to make them better, I don't want to keep thinking on "What if...?" I want to go out and do it, if it turns out bad, at least I tried, if it turns out good, it's going to be amazing.
Have a good month, week and keep on dreaming.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram