To An Old Lover:

Do you even remember how we met? I do and not only because of you, something bad happened that day and I couldn't help but cry, I was outside of your classroom waiting for my friend, I didn't knew you were there, I bet I was a mess but you didn't care, you picked me up and hugged me, your voice and smell were soothing.
The face my friend had when she saw us was the same everyone had when they found out we were friends, it was a mixture between amusement and hate, no one liked us together, everyone had something against us and everyone had an opinion about us.
I remember how there were times when you wanted to impress me, even when it was no necessary, I never needed any of that and neither do you, I was impressed since day one, you were confident and funny, almost every girl's dream, but what I liked the most about you were your eyes and how genuine you seemed when you were around me.
We fought through things, even when we were never a couple, we were something else, something different, something we never labeled, we just understood each other, we stood through words from everyone, it seem like everyone's mission was to part us apart.
One of my biggest regrets was not telling you how I felt about you when you asked, I'll never foget that day and how I felt, you told me that you wanted to take care of me when you heard that I was sick and going under treatment, you wanted me to be right, that's when I heard those words "I care about you" and I froze, I didn't knew what to say or how to say it, I just hugged you.
That's when it all fell apart, you found somebody else, you left me behind and everyone just added to that pain, you told me what you had been carrying inside you since the beginning and even when I tried to defend myself, I knew that all of this was done, that there was nothing left to save, we gave them what they must wanted.
We made each other jealous, our personal goal was to make each other miserable and we somehow did it, we knew were to hit to hurt us, he started to hear what others said, we paid attention to them, we just wanted to destroy each other, we started a fight that no one knew how to stop.
We had to go through hell to understand what happened between us, we stopped seeing each other, we took a time off that helped us heal and want to apologize, which we somehow did in our own unique way.
Now I know that we are better apart not hurting us or others, we were great together but we can't be like that, not at least now, at the end we both are pursuing our high school dreams.
Mayte. 

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram