To The Guy That Broke My Heart:

The last time we talked you told me the truth, that's when all of my fears became real and I discovered that the person I've fallen in love didn't exist, it was all part of your act to get to me, and at the end you got it, you got me, as if I was a prize.
You were confident when we first met, you knew that even when I had a small group of friends and seem happy, I had a past and something hidden, when you talked to me I knew that you were going to be dangerous, but I didn't care, I was up for a game, for a challenge and so did you.
You got yourself in every team I was in, you tried to get me, but failed after a few weeks, then you decided that it was time to add someone else to the game, but she didn't deserve any of that, you were using her, you were trying to make me jealous but to this day you regret that decision more than any other one.
I made my choice and moved on from you, I started to put my eye on other boys and you noticed, you weren't that happy when one of them was your close friend, but you had to play your part, you couldn't say or do anything, you could just suffer in silence. You tried to approach my friends, you try to keep off boys from me, but nothing worked, because at the end you had a girlfriend and I was free to do whatever I wanted with my life.
That's when it all went to waste, I stopped paying attention and move on from you, but you didn't accepted that, it wasn't what you wanted, it wasn't how your plan was supposed to go, so you tried to find a way to get to me again. That's when I discovered I've fallen for you, but I couldn't say anything, I couldn't lose in this game.
You went out with one of my real friends, not the ones that faked around me, a girl that liked me, a girl that was nervous to tell me that she wanted to date you, I couldn't say anything, it hurt, but I was decided to move on, I knew you would hurt her and I didn't said anything, I just let you and your friends play, I'll regret that forever, she didn't deserve you, she didn't deserve anything that happened to her.
After that I decided that it was enough, I stopped playing and walked away, you tried to bring me back with lies, with words, but nothing mattered, I've had enough and so did the people around us, it was time to stop before we hurt someone else. I avoided you, I started having male friends and you tried to control that, so I disappeared.
Years passed before I could forgive you, when I was ready to talk to you, I expected that the pain that we went through could've told you a lesson, but I was mistaken, you were caught in a web of lies again and I wasn't going to participate, I just wanted to know the truth.
You broke my heart, but you taught me so much, I don't hate you, but I can't have you in my life again, it wasn't until I understood how much pain we'd created that I decided that we were better apart.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram