The Beginning

"Desire is the starting point of all achievement" 


This quote is in my office, right in front of me, I never read it, I just see it, the other day while I was organizing some paper work trying to figure out what my next step was going to be, what I wanted to do this new month, I raised my head and read it over and over, I never understood it until today.
When I was picking what career I wanted to go for, my parents told me how supportive they were going to be through the whole process, they wanted me to do whatever made me happy, I went for something I knew and liked, last year they asked if I wanted to change career, I said no, I was happy, I was finding my passion in my career and I loved everything about it, I didn't even though of changing before they asked. Now that I'm about to start my third year I know how excited I am to start, but now I'm doing other things, kinda complementing the first one.
When I first started writing I didn't knew anything, I just wanted to write and talk about my feelings, it took me the whole day to think about names, image, everything, it's always hard at the beginning, I cannot say that everything is getting easier, life doesn't gets easier, but I'm finding my way.
I always hesitate before starting something new, I'm always afraid of everyone else reaction, I'm always afraid of something not working out properly, I'm afraid of failure, but my dad once told that the hardest part was the beginning. 
I started all of this because I wanted to, the desire was there, that was my starting point, that's why I'm finding my way through things, because I really wanted too, that's why I'm good at it, because I wanted too, this quote relieved my worries and made me remember all of those words that my dad once told me, everyone is right, as long as you like it, everything will work out, you just have to work to get where you want. It's always about your passions.
Mayte.

Mayte

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram