A Day To Myself


Last week I was feeling sad, I was oversleeping, barely eating and crying every time I had the chance, I knew that something was wrong, but I didn't knew what or how to end it. I took a chance, said I had to take the day, my boss understood and a few minutes later I was free, for a day but I was free to do whatever I wanted, I said to myself that no matter what happened I was going to pick myself up from the ground, I was not going to stay there, not again, I learnt from that mistake a long time ago.
I learnt a lot form those experiences and the first and most important thing is loose your phone, reserve it to only pick up the live or dead calls, once your phone is off you'll feel this excitement of not having anything to report, let your mind be relaxed for a few hours.
Do something you like, something that is relaxing and that will make you feel better about yourself, something that boosts your self-esteem, in my case is shopping, it's a no-brainier, that somehow makes me feel better when I'm a size smaller than the last time I went there, take that time to forget about the world, do it for yourself.
Eat something you love and you don't get to eat that often, for me pizza is always the answer to my prayers, I was barely eating for a week and I lost some weight, that's not the right way to loose it, my first instinct after the walking was eating, somehow as my mood was improving my hunger did too, I went to my favourite place, to buy my favourite food, to eat home. I found that whenever I have a problem my appetite goes away, whenever I found a solution or somehow I relax my appetite comes back.
The next step was forgetting about the world outside my window, I always found myself doing something that relaxes me, like reading, once you get into your comfy clothes you can easily pick your activity for the next few hours, for me was watching "Pretty Little Liars" (Guilty pleasure) and reading, I bought new books and when it started to rain I knew that my decision was perfect.
Finally take a step back, life can be hard, we all know that, but no matter how bad everything is going you'll find a way out of there, just keep trying and don't give up, ask someone, go somewhere but whatever you do, don't give up, there's so much out there that you haven't seen, remember that there's someone out there whiling to help you if you need it, no matter how bad everything is.
Mayte.

Mayte

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram