Looking For: Inspiration


Stocked, with nothing in my mind, my legs up in the air, my ideas... gone, what was I supposed to do when my inspiration ran out of the door at the sight of problems, it started to worry me, I was doing everything but in a really mechanic way, I'm never like that, I hate being like, it never happens but when it happens is the worst feeling ever.
The sun was shinning, the birds were singing but something was missing, everyday of the week was feeling exactly the same in a weird, worrying way, I've been there, there was a time when I lost my "muchness" I don't want that to happen ever again, if I wanted to chance anything, I needed to head out and start to look for inspiration.
Under my bed, on the bottom of my underwear drawer, on the cold side of my pillow, the ceiling, the clouds, everywhere but I was nowhere near to find it, I was like a lost puppy looking for an old toy, if I was doing this, I needed to do it right.
The first step was easy, get up, leave the comfort of my bed, I was spending too much time there, my bed had no answers, next it was time to get ready, take a cold shower to wake me up, choose my comfy clothes (Some things never change) and head out the door, I started with something easy, I changed the song, it was a sad old song that I love but that was way too much when you hear it on repeat for over 3 days, next, my books, I was re-reading and old favourite, a guilty pleasure, a book I'l never accept how much I love, I needed something new, something that was out of my usual choice.
The middle steps were a little bit more about getting into the swing of things, like organising my mess that was growing faster that ever, one thing that I noticed through the years was that even though everyone says creative minds work better in a mess, for me never has been true, it doesn't let my ideas flow and grow.
Finally I went for a long walk on a sunny but chilly summer morning, my brain needed a rest and so did I, every time I have something going on, I go on walks, it gives me space to think or forget, it's like a medicine that always works, surprisingly I was great after the walk with enough ideas, with enough energy and happy.
The combination of this helped me get through that bad time, to get back into the swing of things, but every situation just as everyone is different, if you are struggling try something new or even try doing something old, you may find inspiration before you think.
Mayte.

Mayte

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram