The New Year

"May your hair flourish, your pimples diminish, your abs harden, your heart soften, your teeth whiten, your skin darken, your stocks rise, your cholesterol fall, your happiness increase, and your mortgage decrease, as you will be in serious trouble if everything is in reverse."

Everyone has already wished you to have a merry Christmas and a happy New year filled with health, money, love and everything else. By now you have heard it all, that why I laughed at that quote, it has everything we want and wish for other people, but when it happens the other way around we aren't as happy about it.
Anyway, we are back with resolutions we may forget in February, wishes that may disappear after winter is over and workout routines that will never get done, but it's the thought that counts and you can always be of that 4% that actually accomplish something during the year, not because the rest of us can't means you can't.
I wish I could sit here and tell you about the many resolutions that I have for 2018 but I can't, because there isn't much to grab on to. This year I don't have a big list filled with dreams and aims, I don't want to carry more weight on my shoulders, I want to focus on a few things, learn a couple more and go from there.
I want to work on myself and my anxiety because about two years ago I was okay with it, I was in a comfortable place where nothing could disturb it and now I feel like everything is going against my will and I don't know how to stop it. I want to wake up happy because I went to bed happy.
Another relationship I want to work on is the one I have with my family and close friends. I've neglected that part of my life for so long and now I feel like it's time to spend time with them, laugh, forget about what happens and enjoy their company. They have always been there for me and now it's time to give back.
And finally I want to learn, love, laugh and cry more than I've ever done before. I want to stop being afraid about getting hurt, I want to give my 100% into everything I do. I want to dream bigger, I want to explore more, I want to be more myself and less apologetic. I want to believe that I deserve all of this.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram