Confrontations

I've never been one to face anything by myself, and if you know me you may be shaking your head and thinking that's crazy because it seems like I do it all the time when I disagree with something, but most of the times I'm looking for an argument based on knowledge, not feelings or disagreements.
The thought of hurting someone with words makes me feel quite uncomfortable and the times I've done it have never been on purpose and I'll instantly regret it, but there are times in which you've got to talk about that one thing that has been bothering you to continue.
There isn't an easy way to confront someone and it shouldn't because if you are there in the first place it's because something wrong has been going on in that relationship and even when you can ignore it, you'll feel like you are walking on eggshells around that person, not knowing exactly what to say or what to ignore.
But what happens when the person is really important to you? Should you just not pay attention just because you care about their well-being? Should you just forget that something happen? Even if it's wounding you?
As I said, there's no easy way of facing any of this but at the end it's something you should always talk about not only for you and your feelings, you should also think about the other person, maybe they think it's right to do the thing they did to get you there, maybe they don't realise they are hurting others with their actions.
It's hard to face a situation like this, I wish I could tell you that everything is going to go alright, that after you say something everything is going to fall into place, but I can't. Unfortunately life is not like that and you can get quite disappointed from people you thought cared about you, but take it as a lesson and move on, don't grieve for someone that doesn't realise what they lost.
At the end of the day confronting someone isn't about arguing, isn't about complaining. It's about trying to get your point across, to stand up and say you are not right with everything that's going on. If they care, they'll listen and talk with you.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram