10 Things to Try in February

January was a miss for me, not only did I not accomplish much, but I got extremely sick, took little to no care of my body and mind and managed to not do much work and school wise, and that has got to change.
I've been thinking a lot about this and even though I really want to keep up with monthly resolutions I also want to, at least for this month, try things that either make me really happy or that are new just to see that not everything is bad or not everything's about school or work. I hope it works out.

  • Eat properly (And I know it sounds like a resolution), I need to start seeking more for healthy foods, avoid processed sugars and everything that can upset my tummy. I've come to realise that it isn't worthy. 
  • Listen to new music, I've been in utter need of this, my playlists are dated and I don't feel like I enjoy them as much as I used to. 
  • Engage more with my social media, I used to enjoy it a lot and then I just left it out of nowhere, I know I can do it, I just need to try it and see what I love and what doesn't go with me. 
  • Design again. If you are an og reader you may know that I used to love playing with CorelDraw and then I got to busy, forgot about it and moved on. I want to do it again.
  • Read more as I've read to books so far this year. I want to fall back in love with reading. It's something that really relaxes me and there's nothing better than engaging with a good story. 
  • Use more of my clothes. I have a lot of them but every morning when it comes to picking up what I want to wear it always ends up being the same hoodie and jeans combo. 
  • Meditate every once in a while, probably once a week, it's really good and even when I do enjoy it, I never fit it into my schedule.
  • Be present in the moment, enjoy what's out there and not use my phone as much as I've been using it. 
  • Let my emotions show, cry when I need to, don't hold back on how I feel, because at the end that's baggage that can weigh you down.
  • Don't pressure myself into doing things that don't feel right, it isn't worthy and the only one hurting herself is me. I rather be happy than stressed at this point.
I want to take it seriously, I don't want to be playing around, I've been suffering from nasty pain and I don't want that anymore. This is one of this wake up calls that really make you reconsider everything that you've been doing wrong and how you should change it. I think I'm ready for something else. 
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram